Thursday, June 03, 2010

One Single Impression: Love (# 1)

Mr. and Mrs. Jim's wedding picture
- - -
They said to write a love poem

To my sweetest, my blossom true
wanting to write you a love poem
telling you how much I love you
fingers to keys sweet words to come


tell how you felt when first you saw her
I will try to write a love poem

When first we met my heart went wild
no tender little pitty-pat
but one long jolt you caused, my child,
a bolt from the blue hit my chest


how you knew it was her you loved
It came one day into my head

Listen to my arrow pierced heart
my life will never be the same
Dan Cupid hit me on the mark
that arrow had your name


tell now about being with her

My life is whole a life complete
I need you always by my side
dearer than chocolate you're so sweet
love you always will you're my pride


are you happy with what you wrote?

If I could only write a poem
if I had the sweet words I felt
if I could now put them to print
there would be a love poem for you

discarded thoughts that didn't fit?

Many thoughts I dropped one thing sure
I love you to Heaven above
you can do no wrong you're so pure
I can't live without you my love 
_ _ _ 

Photo and Poem Copyright
© 2010 Jimmiehov
All Rights Reserved 


Ooma mow mow
Prompt suggested by Melanie at Cassiopeia Rises
I love her
Find more poems at One Single Impression using "Love" as prompt 
..

Labels: , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At Thursday, June 03, 2010 11:07:00 PM, Blogger Amity said...

Hi Jim;

Wow...but it's a poem in itself? If I were Mrs. Jim, you deserved a wholesome memorable treat!

I smiled on that jolt that caused a child...:) And cupid could always be naughty, forever!

Beautiful Jim, no more, no less!!!

I love the natural flow of thoughts in your poem.

 
At Thursday, June 03, 2010 11:20:00 PM, Blogger Jim said...

Writing a poem without using punctuation can be dangerous for the unwary.
Here, because of Amity's comment, I added a couple of commas. The child, my love, caused the bolt. A better writer would not have caused any confusion here.
..

 
At Friday, June 04, 2010 12:48:00 PM, Blogger Sue Seibert said...

What a lovely love poem, Jim!

 
At Friday, June 04, 2010 2:12:00 PM, Blogger Patti said...

Jim- I love how you did this one! very cool...and I am sure Mrs. Jim just loved it! Great picture too!

 
At Friday, June 04, 2010 10:20:00 PM, Blogger The Write Girl said...

What a fitting and beautiful tribute. I love the dialogue you created with the questions and the responses through your poetry. It's lovely that you dedicated this poem to the special woman in your life. Nice photo as well. Take care!

 
At Saturday, June 05, 2010 12:49:00 AM, Blogger Amias (ljm and liquidplastic) said...

Love the way you structured this, love the way you wrote it, love the words you chose. Beautiful Jim, so much love.

 
At Saturday, June 05, 2010 12:04:00 PM, Blogger Cassiopeia Rises said...

Jim, this is so sweet. She is a very lucky lady, Nice read. Thank you.


Melanie

 
At Saturday, June 05, 2010 9:13:00 PM, Blogger SandyCarlson said...

That's a beautiful poem. I love that it ends in happiness.

 
At Sunday, June 06, 2010 7:58:00 AM, Anonymous shraddha said...

very nice one Jim!
Mrs Jim will be proud...

 
At Tuesday, June 08, 2010 8:18:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

what a beautiful tribute...
a true love letter, Jim...
I am so happy that you found your lost love in her as I did mine in my second marriage.
I too wonder how I could possibly live this long without him...
hugs
shakira

 

Post a Comment

<< Home