Saturday, April 04, 2015

Things we will never see -- Day 4 of NaPoWriMo 2015

Things we will never see .
..[click on pictures for larger sized viewing]
[click again for larger still.  Back button returns]
For sure the wind, pushes our boat
Electrical current, it works
Electrical voltage, it shocks
Do you see light, catch a handful
.
We know the effects of all these
And then some. More, many, we find 
Results we know, deductive all
Science finds new ones every day
 .
The wind is simplest, windmills turn
Who can forget those pretty legs
Bared by breeze, Marilyn Monroe--
Lifted her skirt high as her head

Romantic all, better so than
A piece of wire, sail on our boat,
Light bulb, or blade of a windmill
Comes to mind, action, from each force 

 
Harbor on Bosporus Strait, Istanbul, Turkey.  Link to 
Our 2013 Venice-Istanbul-Black Sea-Athens cruise
Treasured pieces of grown people -- sail boats?
_ _ _
 
Photos and Poem Copyright
© 2013 and 2015 Jimmiehov
All Rights Reserved
 
- NaPoWriMo 2015 is a project to write a poem every day in April, National Poetry Month.  I am not sure that I will write one every day, we will see.
 - Today I'm linked with Isadora Gruye's piece, "Caution: Tender Buttons," continuing with Day 4 of Poems in April at the
Imaginary Garden with Real Toads  and also Day 4 of NaPoWriMo 2015
 - Izzy's directions:  Read the excerpts from Tender Buttons below and write a short poem about an object, foods, or a room in the style of Stein.  I chose some objects, an invisible ones, then devoted a stanza for wind as my prompt for writing my short piece.  Below I am posting one piece of Gertrude Stein's work, Tender Buttons from Izzy's.  

Excerpt from Tender Buttons:
 
"... What is the current that makes machinery, that makes it crackle, what is the current that presents a long line and a necessary waist. What is this current.
What is the wind, what is it. ..."

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

At Saturday, April 04, 2015 5:56:00 PM, Blogger Debi Swim said...

This does what Stein's poetry does. It sounds like it ought to make sense cause there are all these words and individually I understand them but when I put them together...duh, I don't know. So, I think you have succeeded, Jim.

 
At Saturday, April 04, 2015 6:21:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I love it, for the Steinishness and also because I love sailing boats and you have captured something of their essence here. Maybe it's Impressionist as well as Cubist. ;)

 
At Saturday, April 04, 2015 6:23:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I enjoyed this, Jim, and liked remembering Marilyn's famous photo. And as to your question on my piece, YES, I filtered mine somewhat and doctored up what first came. I dont mind unleashing my Crazy to some degree, but am not sure I want folks to know HOW crazy I really am. LOL.

 
At Saturday, April 04, 2015 8:11:00 PM, Blogger Isadora Gruye said...

I very much enjoyed this journey. I love the word order and spacing. To me the words did make a story, there was logic to the illogic and an evolution from a simple wind, to marilyn...I devoured each syllable. Well done and viva la

 
At Sunday, April 05, 2015 12:21:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

This style really suits your didactic approach. There is a forthright tone which lends credibility to your phrasing. I liked this poem very much.

 
At Sunday, April 05, 2015 1:00:00 AM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

First of all, beautiful photos. You gave us eyes to see the wind with this piece. I could even feel its movement.

 
At Sunday, April 05, 2015 2:35:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I like the Istanbul pic, too. And have left a comment in reply to your comment on mine. :)

 
At Sunday, April 05, 2015 6:04:00 AM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

luv how you balance the seriousness with the shifts of incongruence; you have definitely written in the mode of Stein

thanks for dropping in to read mine

much love...

 
At Sunday, April 05, 2015 6:46:00 AM, Blogger Other Mary said...

You have underscored the importance of invisible forces, Jim. And it made me smile that you chose Marilyn Monroe's dress to do so. Nice one. Good luck with the rest of the month and you PAD!

 
At Sunday, April 05, 2015 7:31:00 AM, Blogger Outlawyer said...

Very charming, Jim! And loved Marilyn's skirt flying up. Thanks. k. (Manicddaily)

 
At Sunday, April 05, 2015 9:43:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

Interesting, Jim. I like this. We just watched an episode of the Twilight Zone where a man was in an epic battle with machines (and lost), do you recall that? Your poem seems to be its refrain.:)

 
At Sunday, April 05, 2015 12:40:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Well done, Mr. Jim! You and Marilyn make a good team!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home