Thursday, August 18, 2016

Dreams not done ~~ A "Friday Poem"


Fr
...In chase of my dream

I had this great dream a good month ago
Lovely in all ways, not my stock nightmare
For sure once I was on the winning team
But I didn't get it finished, clock chimed

To complete that tale, adventure for me
No way for me to know how it did end
Try as I may it won't come back to me
Pure bliss in my sleep, dratted alarm clock

"To sleep, perchance to dream ..."  Shakespeare had said*
Wanted wishes don't come true sans some help
I would help if I knew how, please this once
Letting show the final end pleases me fine

Fear, I won't get to sleep in time for dreams
And if I do it will be another
And another dream for me to forget  
I've already forgotten this one's start
_ _ _ _

Photo and Poem Copyright 2016, @ Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved

I'm linked with Fireblossom at the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, "Perchance to Dream" . 
"... write about someone having a dream, or  ..." is the part of her instructions I chose. (Link)

Notes:
* This quotation is from Shakespeare's Hamlet.
BTW, my previous writing was also a possible dream, the "dream" itself (or was it a crazy true experience?) (Link).
[photo above is "Main Street" taken during our 2014 stay in Dubrovnik, Croatia (blog link)]

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

At Thursday, August 18, 2016 6:43:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

It is hard to be jolted from a blissful dream.......I dont often remember my dreams, just the very vivid ones.

 
At Thursday, August 18, 2016 7:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate when I can't remember a great dream - well put!

 
At Thursday, August 18, 2016 11:01:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

I rarely dream. But when I do I wish I could remember enough of it to repeat it out loud.

 
At Friday, August 19, 2016 8:55:00 AM, Blogger Maude Lynn said...

I hate when that happens!

 
At Friday, August 19, 2016 9:26:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

Yes I have felt the same -- forgetting where a dream had started and where it's heading...

 
At Friday, August 19, 2016 10:42:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

I believe it is deep sleepers who do not remember their dreams... I am not so lucky.

 
At Friday, August 19, 2016 7:08:00 PM, Blogger Fireblossom said...

They say you have three minutes to remember a dream, then it goes poof, if you haven't made a point to recall it.

 
At Sunday, August 21, 2016 10:01:00 AM, Blogger Stacie Eirich said...

My dreams come in pieces..not always making sense--I keep my journal beside my bed so they can flow to my pen as soon as o wake. Yet sometimes they elude me still..thanks for sharing, Jim.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home