Saturday, August 13, 2016

This Bee Doesn't Fit ~~ a 'Poem' for the Weekend Challenge

The bee that does not fit

The bee that does not fit in that is me
I came from afar, with my mom and Pa
Riding in my Gypsy wagon was me
See me coming people hide their children
Else that child and this one surely I'll take

Learned the law of the outcast, stay away
Don't come near, save our chickens and the pigs
Soon they too could be in that Gypsy bus
No school house for me, I learned from my Pa
Do what you got to do and do it quick

Watch for the Sherriff, take his watch and chain
Be a man with us, with them the other
They hate the man and cheat on his wages
They don't see the man, call him a hobo
The woman oil your skin, they'll take pity
_ _ _ _

Images for Gypsy from Google:

Photos and Poem Copyright 2010 and 2016, @ Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved
Images for Gypsy, a screen capture from Googling the word, Google

I'm linked with Magaly at the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, Which Bee?
http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2016/08/which-bee.html

Magaly gave us this little poem below for the Weekend Mini-Challenge and asked to write, in three stanzas, from the viewpoint of one of the three bees there, the queen bee, the hardest working bee, or the bee that does not fit in
I chose the latter.

To be successful,
One has to be one of three bees:

The queen bee,
The hardest working bee,
Or the bee that does not fit in.

One success is inherited,
And the next one is earned.
While the last one is
Self-sought,
Self-served,
And happens on its own
Terms.


~ “The Three Bees”, by Suzy Kassem

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At Sunday, August 14, 2016 12:42:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

I do love the perspective of the outcast... But it can be rough... It can be tough.

 
At Sunday, August 14, 2016 9:33:00 AM, Blogger Rommy said...

Very clear eyed and unromanticized view of the outcast in society.

 
At Sunday, August 14, 2016 10:02:00 AM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

It is great that he had his mom and dad. For children, in particular, not fitting in can be such a rough thing. Having someone who loves them, to show them the ropes, had to help a great deal.

 
At Sunday, August 14, 2016 11:16:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being on the outside isn't always what it's cracked up to be in that kind of context. I really enjoyed the blunt honesty of this.

 
At Monday, August 15, 2016 5:10:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

My mother used to speak of gypsies. In face, when I was very young I actually saw them traveling across the countryside. It is awful how humans treat one another. Different should be celebrated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home