Friday, October 14, 2016

Wise old birds don't fly so fast ~~ a Saturday poem


"No one is free, not even the birds.
They are chained to the sky."
Bob Dylan

The winds are blowing, the birds are going
They're gliding southward, to places unheard
"V" formation rule, older birds up front
They've been north before, strong with expertise

Wise old birds don't fly so fast, they cannot
But they know each and every farm they pass
The creeks and watering holes, supper worms
And when they tire, they move back, next one's turn
_ _ _ _

Photo and Poem copyright, © 2016 Jimmiehov, All rights reserved
Bob Dylan photo, below, from the Houston Chronicle, 10/14/2016
I might like him to sing my poem this morning.
My other Migration poem (link)

Today I'm linked with Hanah at the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, Transforming with Nature's Wonders; http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2016/10/transforming-with-natures-wonders.html

I'm also linked to Tuesday Morning Platform, a re-run for Toads, Guests, and Fans:
 http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2016/10/the-tuesday-platform_18.html


Please come get your award, Mr. Dylan.  All America is waiting, the whole world is. 
Thank you, we love you and your music, every song is a poem.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/17/nobel-prize-committee-gives-up-trying-to-contact-bob-dylan/

Labels: , , , ,

12 Comments:

At Saturday, October 15, 2016 9:19:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

Oh I do love this... what a wise poem. We need to help each others like the birds do.

 
At Saturday, October 15, 2016 11:11:00 AM, Blogger Carrie Van Horn said...

I love the wisdom this conveys Jim! Just beautiful!!

 
At Saturday, October 15, 2016 11:55:00 AM, Blogger Linda said...

I also love the wisdom in this. Great post, Jim, thank you so much for sharing. And birds, as well as other animals can teach us a great deal...if we allow them to.

 
At Saturday, October 15, 2016 12:03:00 PM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

This is such a heartwarming write, Jim ❤️ especially adore "Wise old birds don't fly so fast, they cannot but they know each and every farm they pass" Beautifully penned. Thank you for your kind comment on my poem.. its good to see you too ❤️

Lots of love,
Sanaa

 
At Tuesday, October 18, 2016 10:41:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

Cool. I really like this, Jim. Not often I stop and think about the travels of the birds, their distance.
We'll see if Bob D. acknowledges his Nobel! I think his (lack of) response is perfect. :)

 
At Tuesday, October 18, 2016 12:41:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

Love the wisdom of those old birds.

 
At Tuesday, October 18, 2016 2:24:00 PM, Blogger Vinay Leo R. said...

I love the Bob Dylan quote, and how the birds are going to places unheard of :-) I wonder if they bring stories when they return.

 
At Tuesday, October 18, 2016 3:53:00 PM, Blogger Buddah Moskowitz said...

This was exquisite, and not just because I've a lifelong fascination with birds.

 
At Wednesday, October 19, 2016 8:56:00 AM, Blogger Debi Swim said...

The passing of the baton to the next generation.... very nice, Jim

 
At Wednesday, October 19, 2016 10:07:00 AM, Blogger Stacie Eirich said...

I do love watching the flight of birds, their patterns are mesmerizing -- their songs endlessly inspiring. :-) Lovely poem.

 
At Wednesday, October 19, 2016 10:58:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

I am one of the old birds...I fly slower, but I carry the weight of lessons learned.

 
At Friday, October 21, 2016 2:30:00 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

I love the way birds fly in "V" formation. Thank you, for writing, Jim!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home