Friday, November 11, 2016

Challenge poem ~~ for "I felt the earth move"

 

On the overpass;
moving, shuddering

Here we sit like birds on a wire
The wire's trembling, bad. I follow
My seat is trembling, the mirrors
are vibrating. I'd wear ear plugs 
if I had some, the bass wins out 

Sitting here on this overpass
Bridge shudders, mocking trucks below
I'm waiting for traffic to start
Watching my mirrors, they quiver
"Piano Man" doing his thing

The man behind is waiting too
Watching his mirrors keep the beat 
Wishing for traffic's start again
Knows my radio won't be hushed
Another bird, stuck behind me 

























[click pictures for full screen] [click here for very large size]
_ _ _ _

Top Photo and Poem copyright, Jimmiehov 2016, All Rights Reserved

Bottom Photo copyright, Jimmiehov 2007 (link), All Rights Reserved -- First posted on "CUT AND SHOOT, TEXAS 77306 -- A guided picture tour", (link).

I'm linked with Fireblossom at the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, I Feel The Earth Move;   http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2016/11/fireblossom-friday-i-feel-earth-move.html

The poem is supposed to be inspired by Carole King's song called "I Feel The Earth Move."  Carol's situation in her song is upbeat, from being in love, we are to think of being let down

It's been a long time since I've been literally let down so I was prompted to write of my world literally shaking from a very loud car stereo on an overpass which shook from the busy traffic speeding along below.  The bridge shakes from below, the car mirrors keep the music beat when the radio is played full blast.  My human reaction was of the fellow in the car behind who didn't particularly care for my loud music playing.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Friday, November 11, 2016 12:19:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I could almost feel the reverberations and the boom. Smiles. Glad you enjoy playing your music loud, Jim. Attaboy!

 
At Friday, November 11, 2016 12:25:00 PM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Enjoyed!! Have a good weekend, Jim

Much love...

 
At Friday, November 11, 2016 4:22:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Oh I know exactly where that picture was taken...been that way many times. I love the analogy of cars on an overpass described as birds on a wire.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home