Tuesday, March 21, 2017

The Stranger ~~ a Poem for Tuesday Platform

.I am the stranger,
why won't you let me
into your heart
You are admired
by this one, still I haven't
the courage to tell

There was a time 
you were approachable,
then self-centered not
You love yourself now,
there is no room for me,
I dare not ask

So we shall live
our lives apart,
could you love me
like I love you
Love not fulfilled,
is love always wasting,
always I will pine for
your closeness again
.
- - - - -
.
Photo and Poem Copyright
© 2012 and 2017 Jimmiehov
All Rights Reserved


- - - - - -


Inspired by:
"to the  stranger who has loved you 
all your life, whom you ignored
for another, who knows you by heart."
 Excerpted from
"Love After Love"
by Derek Walcott

(Poem found here: Marian's find, http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2017/03/the-tuesday-platform_21.html )

Additionally, while writing his I was reminded of John Hinkley Jr's obsessive fixation on Jodie Foster (Wikipwaedia link)
 

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Thursday, March 23, 2017 5:16:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

Ah! Interesting take... makes Wolcott's musings seem insidious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home