Thursday, April 13, 2017

NaPoWriMo 2017, Day 13 -- a Poem, "word list" prompted


The Bridge;
 the day I walked
 
That day I had walked to work
All the way across the bridge
Graffiti plagued Brooklyn Bridge
 
Cadman Plaza Park, Brooklyn
to work, 55 Wall Street
Usually I take the ferry
 
This day I met a nice man
His group had a deal for me
were trying to buy the bridge
 
Needing investors they asked
for amounts by the thousands
50 K would make me rich
 
I said eight that night, my place
He's in prison now, con's end
Sucker!  Set the hustler up

 
 _ _ _ _ _
 - Poem Copyright © 2017 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved
 - Photo from The Imaginary Garden linked below
 - Map from Google Maps, www.google[dot]com/maps 

 - I'm linked withat the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, Get Listed - April Ain't Fooling edition  http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2017/04/get-listed-april-aint-fooling-edition.html 

   - - - and    
 - Day Thirteen of NaPoWriMo

 - Michael's instructions, "take at least 3 words (or reasonably variants) from the following compilation, craft into a new poem:"

 - word list:  bridge, con, lie, tomb, scam, gullible, fraud, president, hustler, sucker, mark, prison
.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At Thursday, April 13, 2017 2:02:00 PM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

Hahahaha❤️ I love how you busted the con man at the end :D

 
At Thursday, April 13, 2017 5:11:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Great way to catch a crook

 
At Thursday, April 13, 2017 5:56:00 PM, Blogger Paul John Dear said...

He had it coming

 
At Thursday, April 13, 2017 10:59:00 PM, Blogger grapeling said...

nice turn of the tables, Jim - thanks for adding your pen ~

 
At Friday, April 14, 2017 1:19:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Ha ha, nice moral tale!

 
At Friday, April 14, 2017 2:30:00 AM, Blogger kaykuala said...

They would try anything as long as they could hoodwink someone!

Hank

 

Post a Comment

<< Home