Wednesday, April 19, 2017

NaPoWriMo 2017, Day 19 -- a Poem, Love


My love for you has no end
 
From the start I liked you, very much
Your smile, your humor, your compassion
Add your sweetness, the way you carry
Angel prompted, a mix made just right
 
We blended into a sweet bundle
'Opposites attract' they tell, peach, pear
When together, my body, my mind
Said to me, you love her, let her know
 
When I'm with you my body tingles
Tongue thinks only sweet morsels of praise
Together, laugh and play, sit and talk
I couldn't think of being without you
 
I know I love you, precious jewel 
And now I hope you can love me too

- - - - - -  
 - Mrs. Jim and I have been married for 44 years.

 - Photo and Poem Copyright © 2017 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved
.
 - I'm linked withat the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, Poems in April - Poetry through the eyes of Carol Ann Duffy,  http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2017/04/poems-in-april-poetry-through-eyes-of.html
  - - - and   
 - to Day Nineteen of NaPoWriMo, http://www.napowrimo.net/day-nineteen-2/

 

 - Sanaa told us about Carol Ann Duffy, the first woman Poet Laureate of Britain (link), and asked us to "write about love, using a common everyday image. Choose your own form ..."  For more and Carol Ann's lovely love poem which compared the writer's love to an onion click here. 
 - The photo of Mrs.. Jim and me was taken by a sunbather on January 3, 2016.  We were walking on the beach at Cozumel, Mexico.

 - Since I have never had any poetry writing formal classes, my only learning was of some elementary fundamentals in my English classes, high school and college.  I also read a few books, parts of them, and glean from the Internet.  Plus sometimes the Toads have short explanations of varying forms and the like.  And a lot from the Internet. 

 - I had never formally learned to write a love poem, so I went to the Internet and found a   Poetry Site which had simple directions for writing a simple love poem.  Using these directions I have written two other love poems of sorts which were well received by loving poetry group members (
link to these poems plus a link having a few other off the cuff love poems and some about love. 

 - Here is a copy of the 1,2,3,4,5 instructions that I wrote by.  I have lost the reference to them.


Now, the poem's directions:
Write a love poem
(here, written as a man telling a woman of his love for her)
1.  tell how you felt when first you saw her
2.  tell how you knew it was her you loved

3.  tell now about being with her
4.  are you happy with what you wrote, edit as necessary?5.  discard thoughts that didn't fit 
.

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At Wednesday, April 19, 2017 4:04:00 PM, Blogger Gel said...

Mmmm. PRoud of you for teaching yoursel so much about poetry. many could learn love lessons from you two.

 
At Wednesday, April 19, 2017 4:54:00 PM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

This is soo incredibly touching, Jim!❤️ I can relate to the feeling.. to the learning experience as I too have not had any formal training and have self learned how to write through the internet i.e various poetic forms, jargon etc. Especially love; "We blended into a sweet bundle 'Opposites attract' they tell, peach, pear When together, my body, my mind said to me, you love her, let her know." Beautifully expressed. Thank you so much for participating.❤️


Lots of love,
Sanaa

 
At Wednesday, April 19, 2017 4:59:00 PM, Blogger De Jackson said...

Awwww. This is a sweet love poem. :)

 
At Wednesday, April 19, 2017 7:42:00 PM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

"Tongue thinks only sweet morsels of praise"

Nice you got me hooked there


Much love...

 
At Wednesday, April 19, 2017 9:45:00 PM, Blogger Outlawyer said...

Super charming, and certainly a poem that someone must love to receive. Very sweet. Thanks, Jim--and cute pic. k.

 
At Wednesday, April 19, 2017 10:24:00 PM, Blogger grapeling said...

so sweet ~

 
At Thursday, April 20, 2017 2:25:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

What a good-looking couple! Congratulations on your 44 years, and also on your gentle, happy love poem.

 
At Thursday, April 20, 2017 3:21:00 AM, Blogger Paul John Dear said...

Beautiful Jim. i think the photo says it all.

 
At Thursday, April 20, 2017 9:52:00 AM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

The love and tenderness shines through every line, Jim... and through your smiles. Everything about this post says "happy together".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home