Saturday, April 22, 2017

NaPoWriMo 2017, Day 22 -- Poem - Open Door


 
Open doors;
  Happy lily ponds
 
Open doors and lily ponds 
They'll greet me fine today
On my way to work, herons
and grackles smile on me
 
Sun is shining, birds fishing
Little boys with sling shots
Those boys will be out that door
Moms, dads, my customers
 
It's going to be my day 
Nice for me and for sales
Doors will open for my knock
First sale my pots and pans
_ _ _ _

  - Photos and Poem Copyright © 2017 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved
 
 - Notes: 
 - - 1) The photo was taken while I was doing a morning walk at one of the trails in our neighborhood, over by  the mailboxes.
 - - 2) Many of my poems are purely hypothetical if they relate to me or to my feelings, others a mixture of being true or untrue.  This one is more fiction than truth as I definitely am not a door-to-door sales person, I am a retired college prof.  (Though one short time, I did try to sell pots and pans door-to-door while I was in the Army.  I only sold one set and tried to talk that couple out of finishing the sale.  They bought anyway.)
.
 - I'm linked withat the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, “Bits Of Inspiration ~ Mi Young Lee , http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2017/04/bits-of-inspiration-mi-young-lee.html 
  - - - and   
 - also to Day Twenty-two of NaPoWriMo, http://www.napowrimo.net/day-twenty-two-3/

    

 - The instructions from Susie: " ... write an original poem inspired by this Mi Young Lee painting. It can be in any style you choose ... "  Susie had met the artist at an exhibition and she gave Susie this lovely print.  In it I saw among other things,  ponds, the heron waiting at the stream for a fish to go by, little boys about to harass the heron, and many opening doors on all the houses in the picture.  It sort of matched my photo.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At Saturday, April 22, 2017 11:44:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Vijita Pillai said...

such a nice countryside image I get from your poem :)

 
At Saturday, April 22, 2017 1:28:00 PM, Blogger Marian said...

Hah, first sale, pots and pans! Interesting, Jim. I can't imagine that going well at all.

 
At Saturday, April 22, 2017 2:49:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

It sounds like a beautiful day to go door to door. :) Thanks for writing!!

 
At Saturday, April 22, 2017 3:05:00 PM, Blogger De Jackson said...

I like this take on the painting. :)

 
At Saturday, April 22, 2017 3:38:00 PM, Blogger Paul John Dear said...

vivid imagination at work here Jim

 
At Saturday, April 22, 2017 4:20:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I thoroughly enjoyed your poem, Jim, and also the notes as to how you viewed the painting.

 
At Saturday, April 22, 2017 7:12:00 PM, Blogger kaykuala said...

Very true Dr Jim! Sales would be abhorrent to many. Only meant for certain personalities who enjoy being chased off!

Hank

 

Post a Comment

<< Home