Saturday, August 12, 2017

Saturday Challenge Poem

Close the door;
you're letting the air conditioning out

Close the door, you're letting the air conditioning out
I need someone to talk to. With if you see fit so to do
 
I worry about things that I can't change
Maybe this happens with you as well.  Well? 
 
Not like the price of crude oil from Russia 
But more like escalation all around
 
Or the climate changing  melt the icebergs
Forest fires, drought, flooding right and left  
 
I could go on but what is to be gained 
Time will tell and I won't be here to know
 
It's cooled in here again, thanks for coming
Should I worry, what say you about this?  



      [click on picture to make it larger - click again for larger still]
_ _ _ _ _
.. - This is not me speaking in this poem.  It was directed by my muse who was down.   
 . . . Photo and Poem Copyright © 2016 and 2017, respectively, Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved
. - I'm linked with for the Weekend Mini-Challenge in The Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2017/08/weekend-mini-challenge-out-of-your-own.html  I wrote this one especially for today's posting. It is supposed to be "mini", mine is not exactly that having 163 words. 
. - The animal picture was taken at the Vauxhall City Farm, at Vauxhall, Borough of Lambeth, London, U.K. (visit it here).  For more animals found at our visit you can go here.

 . - Magaly wants us to resurrect a few word from a previous work and write again with them in a new poem.  I picked these beginning two lines for my beginning two here:
"Close the door, you're letting the air conditioning out
I need someone to talk to. With if you see fit so to do"
found here:http://jimmiehov6.blogspot.com/2016/09/adi-is-gone-we-miss-her-poem_16.html

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

At Saturday, August 12, 2017 4:58:00 PM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

I would say that there is much to worry about. However, we can't close the door... at least, we shouldn't. How will we see what's coming, how to fix it, if we don't look?

 
At Saturday, August 12, 2017 10:29:00 PM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

You have every right to worry, it's human nature, and you are a parent. However. Don't close the door. Keep looking, for faith's a tiny one. Keep your eyes peeled

Much love...

 
At Sunday, August 13, 2017 2:23:00 AM, Blogger Jae Rose said...

Sometimes it doesn't pay to worry too much..the world can be overwhelming

 
At Sunday, August 13, 2017 3:20:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

There's so much to worry about in the world, Jim,
just focus on keeping the air-conditioning in.

 
At Sunday, August 13, 2017 7:54:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

We must keep the door open and hold onto faith!

 
At Sunday, August 13, 2017 10:15:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

I think these are questions which trouble all of us from time to time.

 
At Sunday, August 13, 2017 12:03:00 PM, Blogger Carrie Van Horn said...

I think we can all relate to these worries Jim, but I hope you open the door once in a while. :-) Thought provoking and honest I love that!

 
At Sunday, August 13, 2017 2:13:00 PM, Blogger Debi Swim said...

There is plenty to worry about but so many other things to talk about. I'm glad you want to talk.

 
At Sunday, August 13, 2017 5:33:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I smiled at your comment after the poem, Jim, that your muse was feeling down. I think mine is scared witless by the state of the word, for she has been silent this summer. Gob-smacked. I enjoyed the conversational tone of your poem very much.

 
At Monday, August 14, 2017 9:12:00 AM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Monday WRites 118 is live, i invite you to link up
Have a good Monday

much love...

 
At Wednesday, August 16, 2017 3:51:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

There is so much to worry about these days, but worry doesn't change it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home