Tuesday, April 17, 2018

NaPoWriMo 2018-17 -- Day 17, a Poem, Sleeping Trouble


 
When troubles come;
  leave your spot, your mark; 
   life goes on 
 
When troubles all around you come,
May Mother Mary come to you*
Paul McCartney then remembered
In song he wrote, his mother, dear

When your good friend leaves family
You can remember good in life
Remember that life does go on
Visit your friend, cheer you both up
 
When you discover a good friend,
another's passed, you hadn't known
Still without him life will go on
Remember, the fresh new flowers
 
And if you've heard, one's changing course  
Gentle soul she is, First Lady
Revered by many, she loved all
Remember new as great will come
 
Life goes on with or without you
Do your best in marking your place
Someone will remember by that
That's why we're here, to help life pass
 
God is good, He wanted for you
He planned it that way, new is born
To continue on, babies born
They'll do their part.  Remember you?
 ­_ _ _ _

- 'PrintScreen' Photo and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2018, All Rights Reserved    (Barbara Bush, aka Mrs. George W Bush photo was a part of Channel 2 Houston news flash this morning, https://www.click2houston.com/news/leave-your-well-wishes-for-barbara-bush .  You can leave a 'chat screen' message to her there if you wish.)

-  I'm writing forat the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, The Tuesday Platform ~ April Style, http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2018/04/the-tuesday-platform-april-style.html

  - I'm also linked to 
Day Seventeen of NaPoWriMo,  http://www.napowrimo.net/day-seventeen-4/ If you click on 'PARTICIPANTS SITES' link at the top of their page you can read the poems submitted by other bloggers

 
Notes:
 - Last night about 4:16 I woke up and could go right back to sleep.  Seemed I was thinking of the three troubles in my song above, came into my life Sunday and Monday. 
 - A friend had gone to assisted living, news of another friend my age dying and his funeral last week which I missed, and the news of the Barbara Bush, our beloved former First Lady from 19 to decision to stop further medical treatment and seek “comfort care”. (link, https://khn.org/news/barbara-bushs-end-of-life-decision-stirs-debate-over-comfort-care/ 
 - Since I wasn't sleeping, I decided to write this poem for today, writing of my thoughts, three different situations that can come with aging.  I say "writing", actually as I often do with my writing,  I composed it on Google Blogger using my old Galaxy 5 smart phone.
 - * When troubles come, aka "Let It Be", written by Paul McCartney of the Beagles, thinking of his mother:
"
Let It Be",("Let It Be" Version)
"When I find myself in times of trouble
Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom
Let it be

And in my hour of darkness
She is standing right in front of me
Speaking words of wisdom
Let it be

(Refrain verse next)

Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom
Let it be

And when the broken-hearted people
Living in the world agree
There will be an answer
Let it be

For though they may be parted there is
Still a chance that they will see
There will be an answer
Let it be

Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be
Yeah, there will be an answer
Let it be


(Refrain two times)

And when the night is cloudy
There is still a light that shines on me
Shine until tomorrow
Let it be

I wake up to the sound of music
Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom
Let it be


(Refrain)

Let it be, let it be, let it be, yeah, let it be
There will be an answer
Let it be

Let it be, let it be, let it be, yeah, let it be
There will be an answer
Let it be


(Refrain)"

From https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/beatles/letitbe.html

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 17, 2018 1:25:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

I'm not so sure she's giving up as to instead "embracing courageously what is next". Lots to admire in this woman, I agree.

 
At Tuesday, April 17, 2018 3:09:00 PM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Admirable Lady... wonderful poem Jim

much love...

 
At Tuesday, April 17, 2018 5:57:00 PM, Blogger tonispencer said...

I totally agree with Margaret. I watched my mother deteriorate from being merely bedridden to dying, all in a few short weeks. She was ready to go. She never gave up. But she knew when it was best to leave. Good poem Jim

 
At Tuesday, April 17, 2018 9:20:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Yes, she was clearly loved and appreciated by many. A life well lived, and a death accepted graciously when it came.

 
At Wednesday, April 18, 2018 9:10:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

Life goes on with or without you - and making peace with it makes life a whole lot easier.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home